Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph F Alexander Jr
Dr. Joseph F Alexander Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairlawn, OH. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Western Reserve Hospital, Medina Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Akron General. Dr. Alexander has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph F Alexander Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Nasal Allergies
- Drug Allergy
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 33
I was already nervous about my appointment, as I'd never been to an allergist before. I was referred to him by my G.P. He was rude and condescending, was in a huge rush from the moment he walked in, didn't listen when I had real concerns about reactions, told me to google (yes, google) a gut related issue, stated he would note such and such "so we get paid," treated me like a waste of his time, etc. I had to argue with him and give him a nasty look, before he finally got the picture that I really needed help, etc. He pried too far into a situation that caused me horrible anxiety a few years ago (when reactions were the worst). I spent the next few days with bad anxiety and feeling like I was crazy for getting checked out for something I was very concerned about. Would not recommend to anybody at all. (The office staff was mostly nice - the biller and person who did the test particularly. Front desk person was a bit rude, when I mentioned I had a hard time finding the entrance to the parking lot in that area.)
Dr Alexander was rude and knew nothing about immunology. H e picked the wrong person to be rude to. I understand since my visit he has been informed about his lack of training. Sad part was he was teaching medical students at the time. I waited 4 months before I did anything about my disease and ended up with a total hip a year later.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2010, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2011, 2013, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Southside Medical Center
Dr. Joseph F Alexander Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph F Alexander Jr Md Inc, 3090 W Market St Ste 110, Fairlawn, OH
Dr. Joseph F Alexander Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Fairlawn, OH.