Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Ferrari has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I've been very impressed with Dr. Ferrari. After seeing several doctors over the past few months he was a breath of fresh air. He is the most patient and calm doctor I've ever been around. He spends a great deal of time talking you through your problems and concerns he has with medications. At my first appointment I actually thought to myself, "Doesn't this guy have other patients to go talk to?" He sat and talked with me for almost 30 minutes. I'm sure it was a slow morning so he had the time, but it was nice to actually have a conversation with the doctor rather than the usual "Hi! What's wrong?... Here's a prescription. See ya next time" that I've found with other local Internists.
Visit this doctor at your own risk. I went in with a swollen elbow and he sent me home with antibiotics. No blood test, no xrays, no soft tissue imaging. Oh, he did draw fluid off my elbow to send to the labs. Later his office called and informed me there was "no infectious bacteria". However, when my new doctor called (Dr. Ferarri has been fired), his office was unable to produce the reports because the sample was never sent in!! Can we say "fraud"? Not to mention he cortorized the wrong area on my elbow (how does one miss a noticeable wound?) nor did he administer the numbing agent. What an incompetent fool. No clue, no plan. Use him at your own risk.
Dr. Ferrari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Joseph Ferrari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFirst Physicians Group, 1921 Waldemere St, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Ferrari in this video.
Dr. Joseph Ferrari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.