Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph M Follo Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
Seems like his evil step-sister is as big a liar as her mother. Maybe she should spend less time trolling Dr Follo and do what she does best, dig for gold! I'm sure she hasn't married all the rich men in new york yet. I'm sure there are some smart enough to see through her total lack of intelligence and desire for money
I used to go to a large group for my primary care doctor but felt I was just another number there. Dr Follo took his time with me and listened to me instead of typing into a keyboard with his back to me. He actually had me come back and went over my bloodwork with me telling me how my numbers were and if we needed to do anything about them. My other Dr had me call up in 2 weeks and they would say, everything seems fine come back in 1 year. It is great to know what my A1c is and was so that I know I am managing my diabetes correctly. My wife now comes to him and is as happy as I am, thanks Dr Follo!
Doctor Follo is great and really spends time with his patients. The downside of going to him is the manner in which the office is run. There hasn't been a time where I haven't waited less than 45 minutes in the waiting room (with an appointment) and then additional time in the examining room waiting for him. It really turns out to be a 1.5-2 hour visit most of the time. It is also very hard to get an appointment when you need it - in a time of sickness, etc. I really like going to him for the attention he gives and I honestly don't think he realizes just how inefficient the office is run. For instance, I was a couple of minutes early for my appointment and a person walked in behind me who was 20 minutes late for theirs. You would think that I should be taken first, since I was on time and checked in first, but they opted to take the other person first while I waited and additional 45 minutes. There just seems to be a total lack of consideration for their clients time.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Joseph M Follo Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph M Follo Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Caldwell, NJ.