Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph D Fortin
Dr. Joseph D Fortin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Wayne, IN, with other offices in Fort Wayne, IN and Angola, IN . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Fortin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph D Fortin has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Joseph D Fortin has the following 5 expertise
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Acute Pain
Dr. Joseph D Fortin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I saw Dr. Fortin for many years until I left the area. I suffer daily with CRPS and severe spine problems. Dr. Fortin had the right plan to help me feel like I could still manage some normality to my life. The pain doctor I am currently with believes differently. Will make the long drive to get the relief I deserve!!
there was nothing i liked about this dr. hhis staff was rude and very inappropriate. Every time i went in i would try and get trigger points and he would say he didnt have time and i woulld have to make an appointment for them so i did and i woulld go in and they said that the appointment was for something eles this dr dosent give a crap is just money hungrey Stay away
This is THE WORST DOCTOR ever!!! He doesn't care about my pain only about money. I asked to get trigger points done last week and the very RUDE nurse said absolutely not. Even after I told them how I haven't been able to sleep in days and I'm having major panic attacks from the SEVERE pain. Then was told that since everyone left his office he would no longer be prescribing medication. Thanks a lot, not like I need that to be able to function. So, had an appointment today at 4:30 I got there at 3:57, and was told I was 7 minutes late so they would not be seeing me today. I was NOT late and I was waiting at the window for a good 5 minutes. I live 45 minutes away. I can't wait for someone on his staff to go through what I have had and be in pain to see what it's like.
Patients' Choice Award (2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph D Fortin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph D Fortin in this video.
Dr. Joseph D Fortin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.