Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Franceschina has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Franceschina is a good physician but the experience of going to see him requires a 3-5 month wait. Danbury Hospital requires excessive booking and he has little to no time to do anything. I don't know how the man can endure the pace he is required to take. If you can, find a doc who actually can see patients and not just a blur as he flies by.
Dr. "Joe" is the best internal medicine doc I have had in 10 years. I have several fairly complicated health issues and had been seeing someone else in the same practice for years. One appt i needed to be see and couldn't get in to my primary care so i saw Dr. Franceshina. I was beyong impressed. He took over 20 minutes with me and made sure to fully understand my problems, based on what I alone told him. He was professional, empathestic, and the right mix of business-like and casually humorous! ! :) Looked at a few of my issues and providing new insight that has made a huge difference in my quality of living. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. even his staff talks about how nice a man he is...he treats everyone with respect. love him
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Joseph Franceschina accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Center Danbury, 41 Germantown Rd Ste 202, Danbury, CT
Dr. Joseph Franceschina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danbury, CT.