Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph J Furlin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr. Furlin delivered my two children one in 2007 and another in 2011. He was very knowledgeable, trustworthy, great bedside manner. He spent so much time with me at each appointment and answered all my questions with lots of patience. I switched to him when I was 8 months pregnant with my first because I went with a friend to her appointment with him and loved him immediately!!! I am now pregnant with my 3rd if I did not live 40 miles away I would go to him in a hearbeat. I have not been able to find another doctor like him!!!
I was refered to Dr Furlin less than 10 years ago by Christian Charities.I have BCBS and continue to see DR Furlin for my care. I want to express his professionalism and his deep concern for all his patients. This is a hard working man and he delivered my second child.His PA-C are fabulous and his staff is very courteous in the office.I left Northwestern's Womens group b/c I was treated poorly by their staff.I ran to Dr Furlin and he and his staff empathized with me about my past care @ NW.I would recommend him to my family and friends.He is through and very gentle during exams. Dr Furlin is your guy
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2008, 2009, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
21 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Resurrection Medical Center
Dr. Joseph J Furlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClinical Cardiology Associates, 675 W North Ave Ste 406, Melrose Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph J Furlin in this video.
Dr. Joseph J Furlin is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Melrose Park, IL.