Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph J Gard has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph J Gard has the following 5 expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Joseph J Gard has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph J Gard is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
He is a great physician upfront, but after my cardiac ablation he continued to blow off my aftercare. He does not take the time to make sure you are on the correct medication and leaves dosaging up to you completely. I’ve had appointments and phone calls to Hillcrest nurses line. A few times I never heard back and they had no record of my calls. When I did hear back after making an appointment about medication it was do whatever you want or you can make an appointment to talk about changing meds. Well, I had been down that road a few weeks earlier. For a year I’ve tried to get help with meds. Trying to go off of them under his supervision and when my body responds negatively, we don’t change meds or tapper off more. He responds with take as needed. He got money from an ablation that 2 other Electrophysiologist said we’re not warranted by my tracings. Now I’m hooked on a drug that makes life difficult and trying to start over from scratch. Two years of struggle without huge improvement. I’m not sure who to trust. Overall a nice man, but dropped the ball on my aftercare, and has cost me multiple $1,000’s.
Dr. Gard, along with Dr. Kempe, probably saved my life. I had an ablation about 7 years ago and was on medication but was getting extremely weak and almost couldn't function. Dr. Gard and Dr. Kempe teamed up and did a convergence procedure. I was in the hospital for five days and then went home. However, my heart did not stay in rhythm and I went back 3 months later to have another ablation. That time it worked. Dr. Gard has been very caring and attentive to every detail of my care and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Joseph J Gard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOklahoma Heart Institute, 1265 S Utica Ave Ste 300, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Joseph J Gard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.