More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph P Garry has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joseph P Garry has the following 2 expertise
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Joseph P Garry has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph P Garry is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
This physician saved my life by completing a MMSE...mini mental status exam on me ,when I was seen by him following a very serious motor vehicle accident. Based on the results, he referred me to a TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY CLINIC in North Carolina for evaluation. NONE of the treating PHYSICIANS AT TWO HOSPITALS where I was admitted (medical bills in the thousands of dollars), following my accident, ever did any such exam. I think Dr. Garry is the best SPORTS MEDICINE PHYSICIAN in the United States. Not only does he listen to his patients, but follows through with their care. He has saved many lives and confirmed diagnosis of patients, that other physicians could not figure out. He is an expert in promoting further medical research, has outstanding talent when it comes to writing grant proposals to support medical advancement. He is a great educator and it has been a privilege to have trained under his jurisdiction and first hand as a patient. His referral to get shoulder reconstruction saved my life and golf game. Wish I could do more for him, too. God Bless you.
27 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Joseph P Garry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsUmphysicians Sports Medicine Clinic, 2525 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph P Garry in this video.
Dr. Joseph P Garry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.