Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Gigante has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I have been using the office in west babylon for about 11years. Never have i had a worse experience with Dr. GIGANTE. I went in for a tonsil infection to the point where i almost couldnt breathe. I was seen by nurse who spent more time with me the the dr did. He came in for maximum 5minutes and perscribed a amoxicilon. Didnt ask me any questions or anything. Two days later i woke up and couldnt breathe and in excrusiating pain. Went back to dr unannounced. They saw me so quick and i saw Dr Beil. She was amazing and did everything right. She cared for me and sent me to where i needed to go to feel better. Found out later that day that Dr. GIGANTE perscribed me a medicine for a child. Needless to say im a 28 yr old male and about 220 lbs. What was that suppose to do for me?!. I needed to write this because i was really upset because i had to spend more money on medicine and visit that could of been eliminated. Especially around the holidays. I will not be seeing hin ever again.
I find it very alarming first of all to be herded in a DR's office. 10 with the same appt. time. I have never been called into the office without having to wait at least 40 minutes to and hour. but what I reaally find disappointing is that I give them my insurance and my secondary insurance to cover the cost of an office visit which by the way is 125.00 to walk in I was told and anything else is extra. I only had paperwork filled out from my chart. They charged my insurance company 175.00 between the two they were paid to be exact 138.94 and still had the nerve to bill me 20.00. TO fill out paperwork? I am removing my medical records from that practice and moving on. HIGHWAY ROBBERY. I'm only sorry that I did not pay attention sooner.
Dr. Gigante is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Joseph Gigante accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGuida And Savino Llp, 373 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY
Dr. Joseph Gigante is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Babylon, NY.