Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph H Giomariso has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Joseph H Giomariso has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joseph H Giomariso has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 3
A charlatan and a fraud. Accused my husband of being a drug addict. Reported he had done physical exam and found the abdomen soft and unremarkable. Never laid a finger on him. If he had, he would have noticed the GIANT MALIGNANT TUMOR that was going a week later. I spoke to the patients advocate and asked if I could speak directly with Dr Gio. I was too he no longer works there.....
I had the misfortune of being wrongly diagnosed by this guy TWICE. What he insisted was bronchitis was actually a parasite hyperinfection that spread to my lungs and has done irreversible damage and will probably cause death before the end of the month. This guy is very egotistical, will not listen to your symptoms and will yell at you and storm out the room if you dare question him. What he missed in me twice, a doctor in NY (i had to drive up there to find a competent doctor) caught in less than 24 hours . However, the damage is irreversible and hyperinfection is hard to knock out. At least my kids can sue his pants off if I die. Thanks for ruining our lives, Dr. G
Dr. Giomariso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Geisinger Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPottsville Emergency Physicians Llc, 420 S Jackson St, Pottsville, PA
Dr. Joseph H Giomariso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pottsville, PA.