Dr. Joseph Gira Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Gira?

Cateract surgery.

Posted on December 6th, 2017

Dr. Gira was recommended through Clarkson eye Care. Dr. Gira performed my cateract surgery on both eyes. The result was highly satisfactory. Dr. Gira really went above and beyond to make sure I had the vision I wanted.

Wonderful physician!

Posted on June 15th, 2017

Posted on January 15th, 2016

Was told I was a "perfect candidate" for upgraded lenses - out of pocket $7,000.00. Would only need readers for very tiny print. Never saw the surgeon at any visit after surgeries. Although I kept saying I couldn't see clearly, went undiagnosed with a serious complication for six months afterwards until I went to another dr. My end result is that I am out $7,000 and wearing tri-focal glasses to be able to see.

Low rating for dishonesty

Posted on July 11th, 2015

Dr. Gira and staff pressured my relative into purchasing an expensive intra ocular lens (IOL) upgrade for her cataract surgery. Luckily we got a second opinion that said that the expensive (about $3000) upgrade was totally unnecessary and got the money back. This is a common practice to pressure elderly into buying something they don't need. BEWARE!!

Great opthamologist!

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Dr. Gira has excellent bedside manner and shows compassion through being a good listener. He spent time with us before doing ICL to be sure we understood all of our options and left us feeling confident about the decision to have this surgery. He is an excellent doctor and deserves acknowledgment.

STAY AWAY

Posted on June 29th, 2014

I was set up with this doctor by optometrist. I didn't meet the doctor until I was having the surgery and never saw him again. I wasn't even given the chance to see the surgeon after surgery. Even if I was, he is OVER 2 HOURS away! I think the optometrist gets a kickback from him.

Don't trust him

Posted on October 17th, 2013

I had one eye operated on recently. My eye doctor sent me to him because he was a so-called "specialist." I never met the doctor until he was operating on my eye and never saw him again afterward. My eye continued to hurt for days and my vision was very poor! A local eye surgeon took care of my problem very quickly. Stay away!

Doctor great, office terrible

Posted on April 9th, 2012

THey say they phone hours are 8:30 - 4:30, but they are closed @ 4:15. I asked to pay entire bill while I was there because they usually send me a bill for $6 after the fact, the girl got an attitude and told me she only checks patients out, she doesn't do the billing. My family and I have seen Dr Yoselevsky, Dr Lee, Dr Sullivan, Dr Gira and Dr Donahoe and we all feel that the doctors are great, the office sucks.

I am very happy with Dr Gira

Posted on November 16th, 2011

Top Doc!

Posted on May 7th, 2010

Dr. Gira has taken care of myself and my family for many years. I wouldn't trust my eyes to any other surgeon. His knowledgeable and professional attitiude sets him apart from all others.

Wonderful!

Posted on May 6th, 2010

Dr. Gira saved my eyesight! He is a gifted surgeon and did what many other doctors thought was impossible. We are lucky to have doctors such as him around!!

Posted on July 17th, 2017