Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Josef E Gorek
Dr. Josef E Gorek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Gorek is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Gorek has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Josef E Gorek has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Gorek diagnosed me with Spinal Stenosis and “strongly advised” the spinal surgery. Woke from surgery and was told I was paralyzed from my T4 and below. Nobody expects to walk in for an operation and learn they will never walk again. I was told my spinal cord did not receive blood flow for 15-17 minutes. A patient should have a reasonable expectation to leave a hospital in better condition than when he or she entered. It is unfair that Dr. Gorek continues to live his life as he did before and what happened to me had devastated my life. Dr. Gorek destroyed my life.
Very thorough with his explanation of the procedure. Gave me articles to read about the exact method he and his team will be using. Answered all my questions and gave me reasonable hope that my pain will be addressed with this procedure. The only qualification is that I had a career in health care and grew up with a surgeon as my Dad. So I readily understand the terminology and anatomy. But I think ordinary lay people would as well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2012, 2013, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gorek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Josef E Gorek accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Medical Center, 280 W MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA
Dr. Josef E Gorek is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Oakland, CA.