Dr. Josef Gorek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Josef Gorek?

Surgery = Paraplegic

Posted on November 26th, 2017

Dr. Gorek diagnosed me with Spinal Stenosis and “strongly advised” the spinal surgery. Woke from surgery and was told I was paralyzed from my T4 and below. Nobody expects to walk in for an operation and learn they will never walk again. I was told my spinal cord did not receive blood flow for 15-17 minutes. A patient should have a reasonable expectation to leave a hospital in better condition than when he or she entered. It is unfair that Dr. Gorek continues to live his life as he did before and what happened to me had devastated my life. Dr. Gorek destroyed my life.

Spinal fusion surgery

Posted on September 5th, 2017

He is very thorough and kind and answers all your questions. He did a great job on my first back surgery.

Great doc, great guy

Posted on October 31st, 2015

Very thorough with his explanation of the procedure. Gave me articles to read about the exact method he and his team will be using. Answered all my questions and gave me reasonable hope that my pain will be addressed with this procedure. The only qualification is that I had a career in health care and grew up with a surgeon as my Dad. So I readily understand the terminology and anatomy. But I think ordinary lay people would as well.

Posted on July 29th, 2015

Very meticulous explanations that were very reassuring and helpful. Great communicator

Great surgeon

Posted on March 28th, 2014

Dr Gorek performed a complex 9-hr surgery on my lower back to relieve pain and keep me out if a wheelchair. His care was meticulous and the results? I am active--swimming, biking-- with no residual pain. I owe my quality of life to him, will forever be grateful for his care.

Posted on February 8th, 2013

Not to demean Dr.Gorek,but I had a laminectomy a year ago (3-5) and continue to be in constant pain and limited body function. I am not saying he is a bad surgeon,maybe it was just not the best thing for my body. I went from being a very active cyclist to no cycling or aerobic activity, walking is painful. I would have appreciated it if he would have been more upfront about the rehab time and down side of getting surgery. I am hopeful that in time I will heal,but had I had any idea that I would still be this uncomffortable I would have chosen other options. So I strongly recommend to anyone considering back surgery to be patient with PT,core strengthening and to consider only in an emergency situation. That said I felt Dr.Gorek was kind,but just wish he would have been more upfront . It just did not work for me.Good luck!

Posted on November 5th, 2011

AFTER HAVING 4 BACK SURGERIES FROM 1984 TO 2006, DR GOREK PERFORMED A 10 LEVEL 11 HOURSURGERY IN 2007 THAT HAS REMEDIED MY BACK PROBLEMS & I HAVE HAD NO PAIN SINCE THEN.DR GOREK IS THE BEST BACK SURGEON IN THEBAY AREA, BAR NONE!

Best of the Best

Posted on March 10th, 2010

Dr. Gorek brought back happiness to my life and family. He is the most proffesional and competent doctor .

Posted on June 22nd, 2009

He did what he said . It all worked out well. Now I'm back 11 years later to do it at another location on the spine. I am just happy he can help me.

Posted on December 13th, 2017