Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joseph Grillo
Dr. Joseph Grillo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Grillo is affiliated with Mercy Health Center, Inc, Orthopedic Hospital and Parkview Hospital. Dr. Grillo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Grillo has the following 2 specialties
- Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
An orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon can consult and operate on injuries and issues that may affect the bones, muscles, tendons, cartilage, ligaments and joints in your foot and ankle. Arthritis, bunions and flat feet are just a few of the issues that a foot and ankle surgeon might help you with.
Any kind of reconstructive surgery or surgery needed to treat a sports-related injury would also land you in the care of a foot and ankle surgeon. However, beyond surgery, they can also offer other treatment options such as physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Joseph Grillo has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Joseph Grillo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 9
I was unhappy with my experiences with Dr. Grillo during the span of two appointments. Dr. Grillo gave me an inaccurate diagnosis (as confirmed by a second doctor and physical therapist), only touched my knee to check looseness of joints (but not to help diagnose), wanted to do surgery if one shot didn't work, and refused to give me a physical therapy script (said it would worsen everything; the second doctor gave me the script and it helped my strength & flexibility to return to 5/5 without surgery!). Additionally, I felt uncomfortable with his slurs against athletes and other races.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Grillo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Health Center, Inc
Kindred Hospital Oklahoma City
Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma
OU Medical Center
Mercy Hospital - Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma University Medical Center
Oklahoma Surgical Hospital
Mercy Health Center - Oklahoma City, OK
36 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1977
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Joseph Grillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions1044 SW 44th St, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Grillo, MD - Foot and Ankle Orthopedics in Oklahoma City, OK, in this video.
Dr. Joseph Grillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.