Dr. Joseph L Gugliotta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph L Gugliotta?

NOT good for Lyme

Thorough with much attention to detail for many things but NOT (NOT!!!) the doctor to see for lyme. Dr. G told me that I definitely had lyme disease based on his clinical diagnosis and prescribed doxycycline. After my labs came back with only 4 bands positive on the Western Blot, he completely changed his mind and REFUSED to renew the doxy even though it was helping my symptoms. Dr. G adheres to the very strict CDC definition of lyme, which requires 5 positive bands on the WB rather than the more widely accepted ILADS description. (read Pamela Weintraub’s Cure Unknown to better understand this issue). He told me to come back in 4 wks if I still had symptoms. Fortunately, I didn’t listen and went to 2 other doctors who both diagnosed me with lyme disease as well as a co-infection that Dr. G never even tested for.I was treated for several months until all symptoms were gone and have been symptom free now for over 1 year.If you suspect you have lyme, do NOT go to Dr. G.

Dedicated to his field and patients

He saved my life...Thank you Dr. G

Infectious disease doc turns in to infectious disaster!!

I was recommended to Dr.G from someone who heard that he was SUPPOSABLY a good infectious disease doc because I have not been feeling well for quit some time. After using a few different doctors here in town including other specialists that also did not know what they were doing I thought that Dr.G would be the guy to find what may be wrong with me. I made an appointment w/ Dr. G which took only 1 long month to get in to see him. He took my history, made me undress & put a gown on to examine me fully. After I got dressed he sent me home & sent me for blood work & an ultrasound of my legs for the pain & numbness that I was experiencing in my toe's, fingers with heavyiness in the legs, dizzyness & not focusing correctly ect. The girls made an appointment for a month later only for him to tell me that all my blood work was fine including the lymes test that he took all came back negative and the ultrasound came back ok as well & there was nothing wrong with me & that I'm fine. He said to come back in 3 months which is not up as of yet & that you have Vertigo and the last resort Fibromalgia. After he sent me home I went to my regular doctor not taking NO for an answer and I told my doc that I think I have lymes and if you don't do something I'm literally going to die after seeing all these so called specialists that do not know what they are doing. He put me on antibotics right away after looking over G'S lymes test blood work with 2 positive bands & all the symtoms he said of lymes. I told my doc that I am ALSO going this week to see a lymes specialist that I already called ahead of time because I know I have lymes and was getting weaker and weaker but I kept pushing because I knew I was not getting the right answers from this doc and how I really felt. Word;s cannot explain. I finally went to my lymes specialist after all of this because I did not want to give up because of how I really felt. Only you know your body the best. Well it turned out that I have stage 3 lymes disease & I am now on tons of antibotics. Alot of time was wasted in between for me with G. If anyone has any bands positive on any lymes testing do yourself a favor and go directly to a lymes specialist & don't listen to this DR.. I went to Dr. G because that's what I though that he specialized in "LYMES"!! Sorry DR. G you missed the boat here big time!!

My husband just went to him i can't say any thing till we find out what is wrong

not for chronic lyme disease

If you suspect chronic lyme disease may be your problem, Dr G is NOT for you. I have been sick since 2000, starting with a tick bite, bull's eye rash and flu-lilke symtoms, but always had negative blood tests. Dr G (as well as a dozen or so other doctors) would not even consider the possibility of lyme disease - though tests are known to be inaccurate. I finally found a doctor who is treating me for lyme based on history and symptoms. I can walk without a wheelchair for the first time in 6 yrs! Dr G may be good for some things, but not chronic lyme disease.

excellent doc

Intelligent, thorough, caring and accurate

Dr. Gugliotta has treated me for a cellulitus condition of the leg that was initially caused by a posinous bite. His diagnosis was accurate and his treatment and follow up care was in my opinion the best. His treatment has left me without any symptoms and his long term preventive care leaves me feeling confident that I should not experience further problems if I follow his regimen of preventive treatment.

Insightful, intelligent man

After being improperly diagnosed with several severe issues by my (now former) GP, Gugliotta correctly identified all of my issues, including a raging case of Lymes Disease.

Dr. Joseph L Gugliotta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flemington, NJ.