Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Halpern has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
We found this physician to be very caring and thorough. He spent at least 30 minutes reviewing symptoms and history and made very pertinent observations suggesting a disorder that countless specialists we have been referred have not mentioned or even considered. We are following his advice and hopefully will have a diagnosis for disabling symptoms that have gone on for over a year. Thank you Dr. Halpern for taking time to LISTEN. We need more physicians like him.
Came on shift and chatted it up for 15 minutes about his child's education fund, taxes, his boat, all in an open ER so all the patients waiting to be seen could hear. No, I like visiting the ER. Take your time. When he finally came in, his line of questioning demonstrated his ignorance of my problem.
Dr. Halpern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Joseph A Halpern accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDoctors Emergency Service Pa, 2001 Medical Pkwy, Annapolis, MD
Dr. Joseph A Halpern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.