Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Heit has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joseph A Heit has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
Dr. Joseph A Heit is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I have been a patient of Dr. Heit for the last 16 years within his current practice and at the prior office. He has consistently demonstrated care and competence in my treatment. I have always felt comfortable in my visits with him and have a great deal of trust for his recommendations. Most recently, I underwent surgery, and based on Dr. Heit’s decision to use the robotic assisted method, I had minimal pain and a shorter recovery time. The office staff are also very welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Heit to anyone for their obstetric and gynecological care.
Dr J Anthony Heit is an excellent OBGYN. I recently gave birth to my baby boy and was fortunate enough to have the perfect doctor to assist me throughout the whole pregnancy. My weekly visits were worry free because of the level of care Dr Heit puts into his work. He is thorough and very meticulous in everything he does by carefully monitoring your health and your growing baby. When it was time to deliver my baby, Dr Heit was patient and caring and worked quickly to ensure the safety of my baby
Dr. Heit was an amazing doctor throughout my entire pregnancy! Very professional yet caring and genuine. This was my first pregnancy so I didn't know what to expect - he made my husband and I feel at ease. Labor and delivery were smooth and I felt comfortable and confident with him as my doctor! Would highly recommend!
I have been going to Dr. Heit for about 10 years now and he is always very informative and helps me to understand my care plan. He is very caring and really listens to to the concerns I have no matter how big or small. I have had a couple procedures and two babies delivered by Dr. Heit and have been satisfied with how all of them went and my experiences.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Heit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph A Heit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKansas City Ob/Gyn Pa, 12200 W 106th St Ste 230, Lenexa, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph A Heit in this video.
Dr. Joseph A Heit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lenexa, KS.