Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph J Herdman MD
Dr. Joseph J Herdman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Media, PA, with another office in Havertown, PA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Hospitalist. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph J Herdman has 2 locations
1088 W Baltimore Pike Ste 2407
Media, PA 19063
Dr. Joseph J Herdman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Joseph J Herdman has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
15 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Joseph J Herdman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Joseph J Herdman
Dr. Herdman received his Bachelor of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University. He went on to attend Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. His education continued in Philadelphia where he completed his internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Temple University Hospital. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. During his training, his research focused on the complications of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Dr Herdman is a member of the Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology and in his free time enjoys fishing and movies.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph J Herdman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Media, PA.