Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Hooper has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 32
Having just moved here a few months ago, I did not have a PCP. Dr. Hooper had the least 'new patient wait time' so I made an appt. with him. I was a little skeptical after reading reviews about him but personally, I like him a lot. He spent a lot of time just talking to me, complimenting me on my honesty about my health history. He is very dry and not very warm and fuzzy but hey, I got blankets for that! He is not a hand holder and I like that about him. He was quick but thorough. He gave me all the time I needed to ask him questions and I look forward to seeing him again. I'm so glad I found him and I will recommend him to anyone who asks about a PCP. Also, his nurse, Lace, is awesome! Like him, she had all the time in the world for my questions and she is very gentle (I won't tell anyone how I got the bruise, Lace!). I hope Dr. Hooper gives her a BIG Christmas bonus.
I waited in his room for 30 minutes before he walked in. He was rude. He literally glanced at me and gave me a diagnosis, muttering it out of the corner of his mouth. When I asked him to repeat it and explain he gave attitude. He prescribed antibiotics but when i asked for different solutions he told me he wasn't going to "Waste his time" since I had no insurance at the time (I have it now. I was recently divorced and was in the process of getting covered). I will NEVER see him again. Don't waste your time.
I remember 2 years ago when I went and saw him for my appendix and he was the most sweet genuine caring guy until yesterday when I took my boyfriend to see him and he had the worst attitude ever. I thought very highly of him and referred many people to see him and now I think otherwise. He came in the room with an attitude and sat down threw his hands up with a sigh and said what can I do for you. He talked very rude to my boyfriend whom was the patient and before leaving he told us that he would not loose any sleep over him!!!!
As someone who has seen Dr. Hooper on numerous occasions, I feel that he has a dry personality that contributes to his poor bedside manner. Depending on the appointment time, he does rush patients. He is quick, and I feel that he is thorough. I would suggest seeing a couple of different providers at the group before deciding on one. The support staff there is friendly and helpful!
Dr. Hooper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Rapid City Regional Hospital
Dr. Joseph A Hooper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPoonaminder Kaur Md, 3614 J Dewey Gray Cir Ste D, Augusta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph A Hooper in this video.
Dr. Joseph A Hooper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.