Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Hsin has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
20 years of knee issues, Dr. Hsin looked at my xrays said its arthritis, (I knew I had arthritis), asked about the excruciating pain on the outer left side, "arthritis" Back knee pain "arthritis" worsened upon exercise "arthritis" He hardly touched my knee, I didn't even lift it up and he said "yup you have arthritis". My only option is a total knee replacement - and "why bother, you'll just have to again in 20 years" Meanwhile, I am hardly able to walk, my stomach is a mess from all the Advil (the only thing he said I could do, no PT, no meds only exercise is good for arthritis and take anti inflammatory) I'm very frustrated, I went out of my way to research this doctor, was great with reviews, spent less than 3 mins with me and didn't do a bit of help. So I'm off looking to get another opinion- and hopefully be a bit out of pain, and perhaps some ideas of what I can do so I can work out my knee without not being able to walk after and crying from the pain.
Dr. Hsin ordered an MRI of my hip area as i was in such pain. I had hip fractures on both sides for no apparent reason. He called my home and explained everything clearly and pinned my hips together and saw to it that I got in-home physical therapy. He was kind, caring, and I recovered well. Would recommend to anyone. .
My appt. was at the St Anthony North office where I was sent for an MRI ordered by my work. comp doctor. His front office staff misplaced the x-ray I brought with me, so Hsin left me while an MA tracked down my x-ray which really annoyed Hsin but he acted as if it was MY fault.. He scarcely spent 5 minutes in the exam room and stated that I did not need an MRI. Turns out 6 weeks later I finally got the MRI. I obtained his office transcription only to find that not only did he made intervening errors but stated that I had a pre-existing knee condition from a prior incident. Which was a total lie and had I not caught this I could have been dropped from worker's comp!!
Went in two times in five years to have same ripped tendon reattached. Both times was out of training about five months. After second scope on my shoulder tendon ripped again . I don't have insurance ,and my last surgery after all was said and done was about $5k. Can I maybe get a guarantee on my $5k for your 20 minutes of work? Needless to say I wont be back for a third.....
Dr. Hsin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Joseph Hsin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCornerstone Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 80 Health Park Dr Ste 230, Louisville, CO
Dr. Joseph Hsin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, CO.