Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Janicki has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Cerebral Palsy
Showing 5 of 25
I recently took my daughter to see Dr Janicki for a second opinion. He was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. He took time to get to know my daughter, to answer our questions and to address our concerns. My daughter was extremely uncomfortable with the first peds ortho that she saw that said she needed hip surgery. After seeing Dr. Janicki, she said that she was extremely comfortable with him and would trust him if surgery was needed. (Which by-the-way, was not needed.) Overall - one of the best office appt experiences
I had high hopes for this doctor. Since I've been with Children's since I was 10, I can still see them until I'm 25- I am now 22. I have a horrible hip impingement that Dr. Janicki diagnosed me with 2 years ago. Unfortunately at that time, I was unable to have my surgery due to personal reasons. I recently returned to him since I've been in horrible pain the past month. Take in mind, I saw him over 2 weeks ago and he was supposed to talk to colleagues and get back to me within one week- I haven't heard a word from him. Last week when I called his nurse, CRYING because of how much pain I was in, she told me he hadn't even addressed my case yet. The next day, I was in the emergency room. That was last week. AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM!! His nurse is also bothersome- I have experience with other doctors at Children's and none of them have made me feel so dumb for the symptoms I'm having and completely non-sympathetic. Let's just say I found a new doctor, and hope he at least has some good patient care. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
18 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Joseph A Janicki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAnn & Robert H. Lurie Childrens Hospital of Chicago, 225 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph A Janicki in this video.
Dr. Joseph A Janicki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.