Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph S Jeret has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 40
after seeing many many neurologists for many years, dr jeret was referred to me. i thank g d everyday for sending me this wonderul physician. He changed my life. i am now taking care of my health and following his directionas and i feel wonderful. all the other medications other physicans put me on were useless until i came to dr jeret i didnt realize how wrong the other physicians were. best md around.
after going to other dr.s for many years with no with no satisfaction. It was suggested I see dr. jaret my neuro problems were solved. after a few visits I was excited to find a dr, who could help me. thank God my life has turned around. I am able to return to work drive. I feel like I got my old life back. thanks todr. jaret. the office staff has remained for the entire entire time I've been seeing him. they know you by name and are very, very helpful. I have been very, very satisfied with his care. my daughter now goes to him. for treatment. thank you dr. jaret
great experience..i will definately recommend dr jeret to others..staff was courteous except for the blong at the front desk who didnt understand me..i guess she had trouble hearing...everything taken care of when you are in the office and follow up by phone was refreshing..not a money hungry doc who makes youcome back just to get results......
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2016, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Joseph S Jeret accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph S Jeret Md, 220 Maple Ave Ste 101, Rockville Centre, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph S Jeret in this video.
Dr. Joseph S Jeret is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville Centre, NY.