Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph M Karch Jr
Dr. Joseph M Karch Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Midlothian, VA. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Karch is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital, Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest and CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph M Karch Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 7
I had to pay out of pocket to see a surgeon about my condition. they suggested a pretty invasive surgery with lasting effects. I decided against it and wanted to seek other options. I finally got my insurance back and went to a primary doctor who thought what the surgeon suggested was way to severe and there should be a less invasive surgery that can be done and referred me specifically to see Dr Karch and only dr Karch. he was in the same building so we went to the office to make a appointment. Someone had cancelled and they had an apt that day 4 hours later and we took it. We stuck around the building until the appt. In walks Dr Karch. He was there for a whole 5 min. Asked us why we didn't just get the surgery with the other surgeon. He even said I don't know why this appointment had to be today. Maybe you should ask your secretary as we didn't ask for it to be same day. He told us before looking at the site of the problem there was nothing he could do and that we should just go back to the other surgeon. He showed no sympathy. No alternatives. He just kept saying anything else? before he rushed out the door. he is by far the rudest and most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. Even if nothing else could be done but that kind of surgery, there were a 100 different ways he could have explained that without trying to make us feel we were not even worthy of his time.
Dr. Karch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Joseph M Karch Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Associates Of Richmond Inc, 13700 St Francis Blvd Ste 511, Midlothian, VA
Dr. Joseph M Karch Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Midlothian, VA.