Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph D Kern has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I only saw Dr Kern twice before he left this practice. Both times I was very unimpressed with him. He was cold, distant, and seemed very uninterested in what I was saying. After my initial meetings with him I dealt with others in a range of positions. Service was terrible. Getting them to return phone calls was next to impossible. Twice the pressure on my machine was increased quite a bit, causing increasingly severe abdominal pain and other very concerning problems. I had to call several times over 2-3 days and only reached someone to help me after raising my voice. I later found that my pressure should never have been increased and the level they increased it to was extremely high. I repeatedly had problems getting new supplies - asking to pick them up only to be told, days later, that they had mailed them, with postage due. And I'm not the only one to have similar problems. I know of others that stopped going there. I am now going to another sleep center and am VERY happy with my new office.
33 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Joseph D Kern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew Mexico Center Sleep Medicine, 4700 Jefferson St NE Ste 800, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Joseph D Kern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.