Dr. Joseph Koen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Koen?

Awesome!!!

Posted on November 25th, 2017

I love Dr. Koen!!! He pretty much saved my life!!! If I wouldn’t have came to him when I did I don’t know where I would be! He found something the doctor I left wouldn’t look for even though I told her something was wrong! She didn’t do the tests that are suppose to be done with a shunt! And Dr. Koen found it! And I am so great full to him!!!

The very best in this field! Never had any problems at all. Totally satisfied.

Posted on March 17th, 2017

Dr. Koen knows his stuff!

Posted on March 14th, 2017

Pro's- very knowledgeable, tries to exhaust all possible treatment opportunities. does not push for surgery as a first or second alternative-let's you make the decision of when you are ready, great surgeon, no wait time suring appts, very through Opportunities- He thinks at a high level, so you have to ask him to dumb it down. Non-chalant about surgeries, because he has successfully performed so many and sometimes does not acknowledge your fear- you have to ask the questions that you want to know about the surgery and recovery,

Posted on March 13th, 2016

Surgery fixed the problem

Posted on January 24th, 2015

Dr. Koen found a blood vessel wrapped around trigeminal nerve. After surgery, pain is gone.

Surgery

Posted on March 29th, 2014

Dr. Koen is a great surgeon. I truly believe he is one of the best in the area. Although, I would NOT recommend him to anyone who has chiari malformation. I have 4 different chiari related conditions & after my surgery I was still having major problems. He told me before surgery that he would fix it & my post-op MRIs did not confirm that he did. He released me & told me that he doesn't know the reasons why I'm still having problems...I will be going to someone who specializies in chiari to get another opinion. He is very skilled in but has limited knowledge of chiari malformation which is essential in treating chiari & related disorders.

Terrible. surgery done, a year later find out he didn't do all the surgery after having another MRI!

Posted on October 31st, 2012

Dr. Koen does not return calls, does not examine you after surgery, does not have compassion, BEWARE!!!

Posted on July 7th, 2012

Dr. Koen gave the diagnosis, his plan and left nothing out. My family stated that he was so kind to them the day of my surgery and kept them informed all during the 9 hour surgery. I had a difficult recovery and he was always there for me and my husband at any time we needed him. I could not have had a better doctor to take care of me and I recommend him to anyone. I would not hesitate to call him if I should ever need surgery again. He is there even today if I have a question or need. One of kind.

Back Surgery

Posted on July 5th, 2012

He did my back surgery in 2009. He explained what needed to be done and did it. I would use again if ever needed. I have not had a problem since the operation.

Posted on January 9th, 2012

I have the utmost confidence in Dr Koen.

Absolutely fabulous!

Posted on August 19th, 2010

Posted on January 12th, 2010

I think Dr. Koen is one of the best Neurosurgeons in this area. He was able to schedule me for surgery one week after my first appointment with him to remove my brain tumor. His caring ways exemplifies what doctors and surgeons should have. He cared for me before, during and after my surgery and today, 20 months later, he still cares for me. I will put my trust in him again, if needed, but I hope and pray that I will never need his service again. I am very thankful for him and his team for taking such good care of me. I gave him extra praise in the book I wrote, "The Ultimate Surprise" because he took that ultimate surprise out of me and put me on the road to recovery.