Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph F Kort has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 13
I had one consultation with Dr. Kort for chronic inflammation associated with IBD/Arthritis/Autoimmune conditions. I had a very positive experience and felt he was very sincere and informative. He took time to explain things fully and I am very happy I had a consultation with him. I have seen the other reviews, which somewhat concerned me before I spoke with him. But, I have seen so many incompetent MDs previously, that I figured I might as well try. A friend recommended him who also had chronic inflammation, slightly different than mine (RA) and she also heard many good things about him as well.
So, I came on this site before I made my appointment with Dr.Kort and I was very nervous to see him due to all the nasty things people are saying on this mans reviews. The problem is not that he is a bad Dr or a jerk or whatever cause I don't think that's true. Dr Kort is brutally honest, if you can't handle honesty or your own truth being put in your face then that is not the drs fault it's yours. Yea maybe he doesn't have a epic and span bedside manner but you know what when u moved back from being gone years and had been searching for a non- giesinger Dr for the past 2 weeks his office accepted me even though I am NIT the usual patient that he likes to accept yes he was bluntly honest but he also could have thrown me out the second he heard how complicated a patient i am but he didnt he was bluntly honest and then proceeded to help me. I see no reason as to why anyone should be rethinking seeing dr kort due to what they read on here save yourself the stress that i put out before my first visit hes a good guy honest but good, i mean maybe if your a junkie trying to use him to score then yea best nit to bither cause he will call you out on it but if your legit sick dont listen to these negative comments and give hI my a chance.
39 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Conemaugh Health System
Dr. Joseph F Kort accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph Francis Kort Md, 519 N Rock St Frnt, Shamokin, PA
Dr. Joseph F Kort is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shamokin, PA.