Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Haitham J Kousa has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Haitham J Kousa has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Critical Care
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Haitham J Kousa has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Haitham J Kousa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
He is a great doctor. Gives you his undivided attention, and truly cares. Couldn't ask for a better doctor
Kr. Kousa is a Kind and caring doctor. He is all about you and your health.I've been a patient of Dr. Kousa now for about seven years now and before I moved out of town. when I returned I was very happy He had an opening for me. I have many health issues and my doctor really helps me to stay on top of them. He has been correct about all of my diagnoses(smile) and He has been there for me even when office hrs. were closed. One Wedesnday I call and I was unable to help myself but Dr. Kousa answered the phone and am very thankful because he save my life, I'd started a new medication and was having side effects and within mintues after talking to him he told me what to do,I was much better and still here.
I started seeing Dr. Kousa one year ago. He found that I have diabetes, sleep apnea, coronary blockage, high blood pressure, vitamin deficiency, high cholesterol and nasal septum deviation. I had surgery on my nose. He treated all my problems. My friends and family tell me I look a lot better. I feel a lot better. Thank god for this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1984
St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
Dr. Haitham J Kousa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLake County Internal Medicine, 9485 Mentor Ave Ste 104, Mentor, OH
Dr. Haitham J Kousa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mentor, OH.