Dr. Joseph L Kut Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Joseph L Kut?

Amazing doctor. My doctor left her practice after ten years with her and I found Dr. Kut, which helped make the transition easier. He makes me feel comfortable and heard. He is very open to my opinion and even encourages it.

Great doctor! Terrifying receptionist!

Great doctor that seems like a genuinely great guy. Not much else to say about him. He's 5/5 stars and is very nice and seems to genuinely care. I recommend him to everyone. However, he had one receptionist that was down right rude. I actually feared calling the office to make or reschedule appointments because I was always afraid she would yell at me. On a few occasions she actually did!!! She took billing very seriously, and I remember something got screwed up with a payment or I missed an appointment. I had every intention and the means to rectify the situation and do whatever needed to be done. She apparently took it personally though, and straight up yelled at me to get my life together. I was seeing the doctor for my anxiety and slight depression, and this woman terrified me. I don't remember her name as I haven't seen the good Dr. in a few years, but she had been there quite a long time. She was the reason I haven't been back.

Great Doc, terrible Staff

Staff is incredibly rude (not in person, but over the phone)

Professional and cautious. Capable and caring.

Inaccurate diagnosis proved fatal

Dr. Kut diagnosed my son with bipolar disorder rather than schizophrenia. Rather than competently assessing my son's symptoms, which included hearing voices, Dr. Kut took the easy way out and looked at a family history of bipolar. This error cost my son's life.

disappointed

Started to see him 2+ years ago. Things started out well but I have noticed a decrease in his bedside manner and seems to care less about me as a patient.

Aloof and Arrogant; I bailed

He seemed to have a permanent sneer and an air of self-importance, like he had several more significant things to do than to listen to me. He was very quick to make medication decisions - and it seemed that this was because he already had his mind made up and wasn't really listening to me or thinking about me. I found another psychiatrist that I like much better and who has helped me much more.

Terrible experience with Dr. Kut

Throughout the history taking process, he had the most flat affect and did not ask for further clarification. Despite telling him about feelings of being suicidal, he passed it over and just wrote a RX for the depression and did not tell me to schedule a follow-up appointment. He said he would follow-up with my therapist, it never happened. His PA student who was shadowing and by the way, did not ask me if it was ok that she was present, had better interviewing skills than someone with his supposed experience. Very poor clinician and will NEVER return. I would advise others tolook elsewhere.

I really like Dr. Kut, he's very easy to talk to, and does not over medicate as I found a lot of other Dr.'s in his field do. I would recommend and have to family and friends!

Psychiatrists aren't all the same

After an episode of depression and some addiction issues, I had to be admitted to a local hospital for a few days. The hospital was excellent but the psychiatrist had me so over medicated I could barely walk much less drive a car. I am the primary breadwinner for my family and I need to be alert and clear headed. Meeting with Dr. Kut has helped me get my life back! The medicine that he prescribes completely controls my illness but I don't feel medicated at all. He has also helped me get my addiction under control. Other doctors ignored it while he firmly encouraged my to do what I needed to get well. I will be his patient indefinitely. I hope others find these observations helpful. Dr. Kut really is the best!

Really Good, Caring, Interesting Dr.

This was my first visit w/ Dr. Kut. I could not have been more pleased with the experience!

precribing Xanax

I really like this doctor that I seen for years. Unfortuntely - the amount of my meds at was a high level and even though taking a benzo can you decreast dependecy. I do not feel given the amount of time I saw this doctor he had my best interests in mind. As a profession addiciton specialist. you don't precribe a high dose that increased over time and them cut the patient of because the need for more xanax given if was decreased every year, and a good doctor would not just stop you cold turkey with out weaning you appropriately. You prescibe these meds and kept increases it and did not care of the horrible long terms effect and made my life misebale. A good doctor can't just keep prescribin xanx -and just stop it cold turkey. I wantd to manage the decrease over time and not have to suffer for a drup that produces a addiction...more should have been. It was a extremly disspointed to learn while I had a my rx - I never had the opportunity to go down all my best. he did not help me to weantd or. It was not a peasant exetience and stopp it cols turky...thid id s impty