Dr. Joseph Smith II Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Smith II?

Patient since Jan2015

Posted on October 13th, 2015

I had balloon sinuplasty earlier this year on hope of clearing up constant sinus infections and loss of smell and taste. Seemed to work pretty well then a couple months later I was back to no sense of smell and taste again. Dr Smith wanted to start with balloon procedure first since it was less invasive. Just had turbinate reduction and septoplasty today under local anaesthesia with no real pain just pressure. Dr Smith is caring and patient even with someone like me who was very very anxious prior to surgery. Excellent Doctor and the nurses there are wonderful as well I also go there weekly for allergy shots

Horrific

Posted on June 25th, 2015

Had scheduled to have a blocked salivary duct removed. On the day of the procedure, the Dr. brought in a young resident named Nicole. She asked him medical related questions on the upcoming procedure, but each time all his responses were jokes about her social life. His first incision sent a blood gusher from my mouth that hit the Dr in the eye. He ran out of the room to flush out his eyes. The next gusher hit Nicole in the face, and she left. I was left alone in the room for a time bleeding all over myself. They both returned with goggles, and the next 20-30 minutes was spent stitching up the incision that he cut too deep. They gave me lots of peroxide to help remove the blood from my clothing; then escorted me out the back door, so I did not have to walk past the other patients in the waiting room. I permanently lost feeling in that area of my mouth, and cannot drink from a bottle without spilling. Please do not trust this person.

Great practitioner

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Very Friendly and knowledgeable. Practice also houses many different ENT specialists which is very convenient.

Horrendous experience!

Posted on February 21st, 2013

12 days after balloon sinusplasty, I had a severe nosebleed. I went from ER to his office. I passed out twice from his procedures to stop the blood flow. He administered smelling salts and said he'd see me in two weeks. The next morning I ended up in Paoli Hospital for 5 days and 6 blood transfusions. Maybe like he said, "This isn't my fault," but I do think that I deserved at least one follow up inquiry. He knew I was in the hospital. In my opinion, he is heartless.

money mined

Posted on April 5th, 2011

The impression i got from this doctor was money minded. recomends suregery when not needed. does not suject surgery as the last resot. does not try out other options until the surgery is done..very conservative on the accerorises in the office and other things ...i would recomend other doctor in the same practice...

GREAT DOCTOR, BUT OVER-BOOKED

Posted on January 10th, 2011

My son had surgery with Dr. Smith and he was very attentive, explained everything, and even called my son the day of surgery (afterward) to make sure he was doing ok. He's a rugby player to so we hit it off right away, since my son plays. He is innovative. If the previous commenter had a bad experience, it her own fault. She probably acted like a know-it-all, would be my guess.

Posted on September 17th, 2010

excellent doctor. refer family and friends to him

Posted on July 12th, 2010

excellent doctor! I couldn't be happier with Dr. Smith, he was fun, curtious and smart!

Terrible bedside manner, unprofessional

Posted on August 10th, 2009

As a critical care nurse I was quite surprised at my treatment by Dr. Smith. He was impatient and irritated with my questions. Very unprofessional. He didn't explain procedures before doing them. He did not wait for numbing agents to take affect before shoving a metal instrument down my nose. When he was talking to me he was having difficulty looking me in the eye, instead talking to my chest. My 19 year old daughter was in the office with me and noticed his gaze also. Would never go back to him again.

Posted on February 9th, 2015