Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Loewy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph Loewy has the following 12 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
He treated me for 6 years. I was really sick with a rare pancreatic disorder that, at the time, was only treated experimentally in Indiana. I weighed 108# at 5'6". I lost the weight from 135# in 3 months. I was dying. He had a dynamic group of specialist at Cedar Sinai that helped take exceptional care of me. He connected me to doctors at Indiana University and kept in communication with my doctors. I eventually moved to Indianapolis in order to continue what is now standard treatments. If it weren't for Dr. Loewy I would not be here today. 23 years later I still think about how attentive, helpful, and present he was no matter where I was. Thank you Dr. Loewy.
Bergen Regional Medical Center
Dr. Joseph Loewy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoel Feinstein Md Inc, 8631 W 3rd St Ste 825E, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Joseph Loewy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.