Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph S Mallov has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph S Mallov has the following 14 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Gland Issues
Dr. Joseph S Mallov has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
After I described several family members and some serious thyroid problems,he looked at me and said I don't think you have hypothyroidism. I requested a Thyroid panel and received a third TSH report, my primary had already done two. Next Endocrinologist ordered the thyroid panel and my T3 was really low. But he offered no other help, I had abnormally low temperatures, I researched and after a week of taking dessicated thyroid supplement, they were noraml, still are and I still research and have a great primary care doctor helping me with labs. abnormally low temperatures and within
My first appt with Dr Mallov was scheduled for 2 pm. I showed up at 1:45pm to fill out new patient info. I was taken back to the exam room at 2:15pm and he didn't come in until 2:50pm. I was experiencing some serious side effects to my meds but he didn't seem to care or take the time to listen. then all of a sudden he gets up and leaves and says he is running very late with his other patients. he put me on a medication that in the past has led me to have weight gain and depression. I had the labs done like he wanted but I am not real happy with his care.
This doctor spent enough time with me, but basically didn't listen to my complaints. When telling him that I was having heart arrythmia and that I thought it was because of my thyroid medicine, (too much) he decided to increase my dosage. He was more concerned with keeping my TSH suppressed than considering that the current dosage could be causing some serious side effect. He is not good at providing follow up and/or lab test results or discussing them.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
46 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Joseph S Mallov accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdventist Health Medical Group Diabetes, 10101 SE Main St Ste 1001, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph S Mallov in this video.
Dr. Joseph S Mallov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.