Dr. Joseph Mayus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Mayus?

Posted on May 27th, 2015

He is very concerned about y our health and if something else is wrong he will send you to that specialist. A very good doctor who takes his time

Leave it to the staff to make you late !

Posted on August 31st, 2012

I drove 65 miles one way to see this Dr. That took 2 months to get in to see. I left 1 1/2. Hours early to be there on time. As my husband was not sure where the office was but had address he called for directions when we got into town. His office knew this is what we needed. Where we were and the time of my appointment they put us on hold for 14 mins. When I got to check in I was 10 mins late because of the call. She did not check me in right away . She started calling for a nurse to come get a elderly man . That took 10 more mins. Then they said it was to late. It was a $100.00 car ride . Think about this first. And then I suffered in extreme pain the rest of the day and days following. I do not have a history for being late . And I completely understand the value of a Dr.s time. I do not waste time on Dr.s who Think They Are Gods. I do under stand after speaking to many people in your circle that this is the way you run your office. Your compassion award was givin to you by the people you work with , not treat. So yes it's a phonie . I' m sorry for you . That you didn't give me the time to even meet. I know so many people in the cox health system. I wish I could have had a nice experience . I would have loved to be able to say some nice about a fellow friend of cox.

One of the Best

Posted on October 3rd, 2011

Dr.Mayus is one of the most caring professionals I have been associated with. He saved my life eighteen months ago when my surgeon's office didn't have the time to discuss a reaction I was having. He took time out of his schedule to make sure I was taken care of. He has been treating me for nearly five years and has done everything humanly possible to make my existence more comfortable. We need many more doctors like Dr. Mayus.

Absolutely wonderful doctor!!

Posted on September 20th, 2011

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Mayus. I usually have a short waiting time in his office, and though appointments need to be made a ways out, his staff is always responsive to getting you in for an emergency or filling a prescription you've run out of without having to come in. His staff is courteous and helpful, he takes the time to listen to what issues you are dealing with, is willing to research, suggest and work with you on alternative therapies and really thinks about what he prescribes as far as medications. My husband and I both have fibromyalgia and early-onset arthritis issues, and have been to other doctors in the past who have dinked around and not had any idea how to treat these kinds of conditions. And the highest mark I can give? He knows and uses those three little words that seem to not exist in most doctor's vocabularies, "I don't know." I prefer honesty to a grand bluff or outright lie any day of the week.I don't know about the person who is no longer being seen, but I do know you have to miss at least 2 appointments without letting them know before they stop seeing you - we went through this a few years back when we were moving and things were hectic. The office staff has been very understanding when I have had to reschedule appointments several times in a row because we were dealing with my MIL's cancer. Wonderful experience!!

Posted on October 25th, 2010

Don't go to Dr Mayus. My experiences was ok at frist I would recmmend him to everyone till my step Father passed away I had to move my mom in with us and I missed my appt. when he past away and then I wrote the date day and didn't get it on the right month so I missed my appt. It's alittle hard to keep up with appts for three people and work a full time job. My mom has cancer,Demenchia,and heart problems,sugardibetes.He stop seeing me now I can't get a appt with anyone because of this now would you recommend him to someone I don't think he is a very caring Dr. and would not recommend him to anyone that has a family to care for It's to bad I went to him to start with I wish I had never went to him. So if you have a family stay away from him. His staff is very unfriendly don't have much time for you makes you fill they don't have time to mess with you. the lady that checks you in is very nice and has time to help you.

Posted on May 30th, 2017