Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph T Mcgarry has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
A knowledgeable,worldly person and M.D. While he tried to give an accurate diagnosis and he does on minor health issues, his unwillingness to change his diagnosis and plan on care giving even when tests show his inaccurate diagnosis is borderline inhumane. Trying to get tests such as MRI's ordered on areas of concern is almost impossible. When one is finally ordered and it shows severe problems in one area but you have also been asking for months for another area to also be scanned knowing that the area is also severely damaged he sticks with his diagnosis of nothing is really wrong and to go soak in the hot springs for 6-8 hours a day. He will schedule you every two weeks for a long period of time(extremely expensive$) with the notion of "maybe" one visit a correct action of care will be met but unfortunately his diagnosis never changes even with "hard" facts. He is a great person to shoot the breeze with. He does have almost 40 years of M.D experience ans that does count for something.
44 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Joseph T Mcgarry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorence Medical Center, 501 W 5th St, Florence, CO
Dr. Joseph T Mcgarry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, CO.