Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph A Mclean has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
The doctor walked into the room and introduced himself. He then asked me two questions regarding a small lump I found in my groin, which were 'what does it look like?' and 'how long has it been there?'. He then took a look at it and nonchalantly stated 'oh, that's a granuloma.' I asked what that was. He ignored my question and told me that I would have to get it removed someday and thay I should see my gp. He didnt explain anything. It was obvious to me that he didn't want to deal with me. I am an RN and could have done a better job than him at diagnosing. I'm happy that I know which types of websites to look at for information... And I have an appointment with my doctor in a couple of days. What a waste of time and money!
36 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Joseph A Mclean accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Lukes Hospital Of Duluth, 109 N 28th St E, Superior, WI
Dr. Joseph A Mclean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Superior, WI.