Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Megwa
Dr. Joseph Megwa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX, with another office in Lancaster, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Megwa is affiliated with Medical Center At Lancaster, Navarro Regional Hospital and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Megwa has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- House Calls
Showing 5 of 6
He will medicate you over and over for the same thing but keep you on the previous medication. He has me on 14 medications. He does not take time to listen to your concerns and questions. I watched my mother slowly die because of a doctor like this and we switch and it was a transformation. I am going to have to do the same thing. He does not order testing to be done such as EKG's, glucose tests and he does not refer you to a specialist. I asked for pain management and he just said he doesn't believe in those places. His staff is incompetent. I have diabetes, high BP, obesity, pain in my hips and back, peripheral neuropathy in my feet and peripheral vertigo. His after hour care is horrendous. He doesn't explain what the medication he is putting you on. This doctor should not be practicing. He is in this for the money and not to help people.
Dr. Megwa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Center At Lancaster
Navarro Regional Hospital
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Usmd Surgical Hospital Of Arlington
Harris Methodist H E B
Medical Center At Terrell
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Harris Continued Care Hospital
TX Health Arlington
34 Years Experience
University Of Ibadan
Graduated in 1979
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Megwa in this video.
Dr. Joseph Megwa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.