Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph P Michalski
Dr. Joseph P Michalski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL, with another office in Mobile, AL. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Michalski is affiliated with Usa Childrens And Womens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph P Michalski has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I was diagnosed with JRA by him in a hospital. Since than I was visting monthly for my RA. He is always on time , very little waiting time in the waiting room. Always punctual on time. But he is not a good listener. My RA was progressive and was damaging my joints, but he was not aggressive to stop it. He did not put me on any kind of DMARDs. Because of him , not treating me well and I lost my cartilage on my hips and will have to go through hip replacement. Other Rheumatologists that I have seen told me about the past treatment. The madication that he prescribed was not DMARDs. He is very arrogant and do not care much about patients, not a good listener. He cares about money only. I would not recommand him to anybody.
Dr. Michalski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Joseph P Michalski accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph P Michalski in this video.
Dr. Joseph P Michalski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.