Dr. Joseph Mims Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Mims?

Surgery

Posted on December 5th, 2017

This doctor is deceitful with a phony smile. Surgery is his quick fix for everything. Even if the patient does not meet the criteria for surgery. Selfish and uncompassionate. Only cares about billing your insurance company.

Posted on January 15th, 2015

a wonderful experience with this physician, highly recommend him to anyone in search of his gifted hands, he make you feel as if you were the most important person / patient he has ever care for, this quality seem to be the missed ingredient in todays healthcare,...... Dr. Mims "Thank You" for being that shinning LIGHT that is so needed and respected in today's healthcare.

Self employed

Posted on February 3rd, 2013

Dr Mims is very caring and kind. He did a follow in the hospital as well at home I was very please with surgery on removing my thyroid and keep my husband and family inform

thyroidectomy

Posted on March 29th, 2012

Dr. Mims determined that the growths around my thyroid were extensive and recommended total removl of the gland. He found fist sized growths down in my chest neat my heart and adjoining the trachea. He successfully removed all with the consultation of a cardiac doctor but without having to open the chest. After about 10 days I am back to wrok and feeling a lot better than before the surgery. Great Surgeon. I would recommend!

Incompetent nonlistener

Posted on May 27th, 2011

A pleasant, quiet guy, Dr. Mims never listened to me, but his positive attitude fooled me. His surgery was a failure, making my condition worse. (He wrapped the fundoplication so tightly around my spincter muscle that I am uanble to eat solid food -- for the rest of my life!) When I confronted him on this after months of trying to talk to him, he lied and feigned a lack of understanding. I should have sued.

wrong diagnosis

Posted on February 20th, 2011

He assured to us that two surgical clips floating/free moving in the pelvis area does not cause infections or pain. He told us just to forget about surgical clips. Consulted to an ob-gyn and found an infected ovary. Ob-gyn thinks that the surgical clips is touching ovary and causing the infections.

Posted on August 31st, 2010

I found Dr Mims to be very caring and knowledgable. He listened well and was genuinely interested in me. His office staff responded well to me as well as others as I waited and watched. He is well regarded by his medical colleagues, from whom I was referred and he was on target with his surgical approach and results. I have a great deal of confidence being in his practice. Also, he is now serving as Chief of Staff at a highly esteemed and cutting edge hospital with a medical staff of many nationally recognized physicians. It is good to see their confidence in him as well, and that spoke volumes to me.

Learn to listen and to respond appropriately and professionally

Posted on September 30th, 2009

Dr. Mims is pleasant but he speaks little and listens less. Having performed surgery that did not work, he did not listen to my statement that I had experienced no improvement. He was dismissive, saying I should not be negative. I finally convinced him with the evidence of radiology. The part of the operation (Heller myotomy for achalasia with fundoplication) that has permanently blocked my esophagus was the optional fundoplication. I told him in the beginning I did not want this as a I had no problems with reflux. He said he always did a fundoplication just in case because reflux might happen later. I said OK but I should have insisted and done some research--ACTUALLY HE SHOULD LISTEN AND DO SOME RESEARCH. I now find out most complications are caused by the fundoplication, not the actual myotomy. What is worse is that I wrote and complained. He responded with lots of time, but when I researched his answer I found he either is not up to date or lied to me when he denied that the word "wrap" is used to denote this procedure. I don't want to talk to him ever again. I don't trust him and if 2 years had not passed I would try to sue him especially because of his not giving me good and true information and responses.

Posted on November 22nd, 2017