Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Muenzer
Dr. Joseph Muenzer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chapel Hill, NC, with another office in Chapel Hill, NC. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Biochemical & Molecular Genetics and Pediatrics. Dr. Muenzer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Muenzer has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Biochemical & Molecular Genetics
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Joseph Muenzer has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Joseph Muenzer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph Muenzer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
We became acquainted with Dr. Muenzer 16 years ago when our daughter was diagnosed with Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1. We subsequently had 2 more children born with GSD 1 (2 sons) who also are under his care. Thru all the years he has been the kids doctor, he has been only a phone call away. He is the most caring, dedicated doctor we have ever been involved with and our children are thriving under his care. We are grateful for his knowledge and the dedication he has to treating them with the best possible care. I would recommend him to ANYONE who wants a doctor with great knowledge who cares about his patients. We are very thankful for him and rate him as high as a doctor can be rated!!! Our children are alive today because of him.
When my daughter was diagnosed with MCADD my husband and I were terrified, especially since it was something we had never heard of! Dr Muenzer made sure we were equipped with all the information we would need in every day life. I know that he is just a phone call away if we ever need advice. We have never had to wait a long time in his office, there are plenty of toys provided for the children to play with even if we did have to wait. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Muenzer.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Joseph Muenzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Muenzer is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.