Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr
Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Cunningham is affiliated with Kings County Hospital Center, Maimonides Medical Center and Coney Island Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr has the following 24 expertise
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Hemorrhagic Shock
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pleural Effusion
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Cunningham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kings County Hospital Center
Maimonides Medical Center
Coney Island Hospital
Staten Island University Hospital North
Lutheran Medical Center
Brooklyn University Hospital
University Hospital Of Brooklyn
V A Hospital - Brooklyn
SVCMC-St Vincents Manhattan
47 Years Experience
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Graduated in 1966
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr in this video.
Dr. Joseph Cunningham Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.