Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph W Nystrom has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Nystrum listens to your concerns, is knowledgble about your insurance and gives you options. Staff is very responsive, efficient and accurate. Yhey bend over backwards to take care of all your needs. Dr Nystrum is very well respected by local healthcare professionals and has a number of them as patients.
My friend had been a patient for three years. After being a car accident she wanted to be checked out..... They said they don't see car accidents and gave her a phone number. She is done... she is a person not an accident... And hopefully she can find a Dr that gives a #$%&%%$$. Ohhh yeah and after she was hospitalized they never even called to check on her and she told the hospital a hundred times that he was her primary.. And she had seen them for weeks before she had to go to emergency. I don't think they took care of her at all.
He practices in a city with alot of seniors-so it is hard to get an appointment with him in the winter-may be 3 weeks! But, he does have an assistant who is very nice and does a good job-you can get same day appts. with her. He is one of those Drs. who has his nose to your chart/file, while you talk to him , gets through everything quickly and is out the door. Although, on a good day he slows down a bit and listens a little more. I think he is more of a man's Dr. -spends more time with my husband and even jokes with him. Some men are like that. He even has taken phone calls during my visits-like I said --very busy. He is very open to listening to your opinion-once he wanted me to do a stress test-which I hate and haven't done good at in the past...he went ahead and ordered a heart ultrasound. So, he is overall a good Dr., but sometimes seems a bit stressed and in a hurry.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2008, 2013, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nystrom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Joseph W Nystrom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBayfront Health Medical Group, 13933 17th St Ste 101, Dade City, FL
Dr. Joseph W Nystrom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dade City, FL.