Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph M Ojile has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph M Ojile has the following 7 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Dr. Joseph M Ojile has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
always take care of his patients
The wait time in the office was very short and when I saw the doctor, he was great. But in the several appointments I had, I only saw him once. All my other visits were handled by his assistant who is neither a pulmonologist, nor a doctor.What is worse though, is that I had blood tests done 6 weeks ago. No one called me with the results. I have called the office and left messages on either voice mail or with a receptionist FIVE times. No one has ever returned my calls. So I still do not know the results of my tests, I am still sick, but I can't reach anyone at the office. I am finding a new doctor.
When I made my appointment I knew I had Sleep Apnea & had been using a machine for 20yrs. My problem was swallowing/gulping air while sleeping & using my C-Pap machine. Because of this problem I could not wear my equipment every night because my stomach would fill w/air & I would become bloated because of it.Yet this doctor had me do another test to tell me what I already knew, I had Sleep Apnea. NEVER once did he addressed my true problem of swallowing/gulping air while using my C-Pap machine w/me. I called his office several times about this problem yet NO ONE ever called me back to discuss it. I wasted my co-pay money(not cheap) and time to see him. I wasted money on my out of pocket co-pay for this test(NOT CHEAP) and time to redo a test that was unnecessary. In my opinion this doctor did NOT care about me or my problem, because had he my problem would have been addressed & my phone calls returned. Personally I believe, myself & my insurance company was screwed out of money that was paid to this doctor because NOTHING actually was done other then taking my money. I will NEVER step foot in his office again or recommend to anyone I know to him. It was a waste of MY time & MY money & both are VERY Valuable to me.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Joseph M Ojile accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph M Ojile is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.