More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph P Peter has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Joseph P Peter has the following 8 expertise
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 4 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Peter - Posted on February 29th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Peter - Posted on April 9th, 2013
My child has seen Dr. Peter and other doctors (so sorry I can't remember all of the names) for a few years. Dr. Peter is a wonderful doctor and he takes time to explain things clearly. My child loves him and Mrs. Peter. All doctors in the office are wonderful and thorough. Their staff is the best also...kind and courteous and knowledgeable. Thank you to everyone in the office.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Peter - Posted on July 16th, 2010
He is an absolutely wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. His office staff is another story. I had went to him for 5.5 years and saw a dramatic decline in the past year and a half. The office staff have lied to me about policy, who would be seeing my children, and the amount my insurance would pay for a procedure.A wonderful doctor but the office staff made it impossible for me to keep using this doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph P Peter - Posted on November 12th, 2009
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Tod Childrens Hospital
Dr. Joseph P Peter accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
More about Dr. Joseph P Peter
Experience working in Five different countries ......coming to find all children are same and all are GOD's Creation.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph P Peter, MD - Pediatrics in Del Rio, TX, in this video.
Dr. Joseph P Peter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Del Rio, TX.