Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph S Peyton
Dr. Joseph S Peyton, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Maumee, OH, with other offices in Lambertville, MI and Maumee, OH . He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Peyton is affiliated with St Lukes Hospital. Dr. Peyton has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph S Peyton has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
The Maumee office staff is terrible. Change over of personnel is almost daily. Billing is atrocious, convoluted, and just all around phucked up. If you are past due, they turn it over to collections even though it is their fault and they know it. The play the run-around game too. Must be part of their training to work there. Dr. Peyton is good. The office staff are no better than a bunch of retired Alzheimer patients. They forget or have no knowledge of you, when you were last there or the payments you made. STAY AWAY if YOUR health matters.
I fell and was in pain to walk. I went to the urgent care and waited in waiting room. When I saw the doctor he moved my leg around and told me to put ice then heat on it and I would be fine in the morning to go back to work. I had to ask receptionist for a note to miss work that night. I tried to go to work the next day still in pain. The following day still in pain I went to the emergency room where they took x-rays and found that I have a fractured pubic bone and have to be on crutches and not put weight on that side for it to heal in 8 weeks. Wondering why they didn't do x-ray when they had it available to do so. The x-ray also showed two other problems! I would not recommend this urgent care to anybody not taking time to find out what the problem really is go to the emergency room instead!
After waiting for almost an hour to be seen in the urgent care - my visit was with the PA and not even a real MD. I was prescribed the wrong antibiotic which was confirmed by my own family doctor and my infection got worse - not better. This is the worst urgent care that I have been to and I advise you to find someplace else if you are even considering going here
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Peyton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mercy Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Joseph S Peyton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph S Peyton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maumee, OH.