Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph B Porder has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joseph B Porder has the following 16 expertise
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Nutrition Disorders
Dr. Joseph B Porder has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph B Porder is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I am in now living in Ireland and because I now have a flare up of a condition that was diagnosed in new york, (I lived there for 15 years), I really miss Dr. Porder and his excellent care. I know that the waiting time for a appointment is not ideal but when you do finally getto see Dr. Porder.. look at the thoroughness and attention he gives to each person. Any patient who can call Dr. Porder their physician is really really blessed and should be thanking God that he sent them to Dr. Porder.This is a long awaited comment - way overdue. So the moral of this is not to complain when you do have to wait for Dr. Porder ...only be thankful that you are having the opportunity to wait.
If I had to create a paradigm to characterize "the complete doctor", it would be Doctor Porder. He spends whatever amount of time he considers necessary, is an excellent communicator at the level of the patient, and puts in a very long day both at Mt. Sinai Hospital and at his office. I consider myself most fortunate to have him as my primary physician.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
36 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1982
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJoseph B Porder Md Pc, 1160 5th Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Joseph B Porder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.