Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Acosta
Dr. Joseph Acosta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Meridian, MS. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Acosta is affiliated with Riley Hospital, Specialty Hospital of Meridian and Scott Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Acosta has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Joseph Acosta has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 5 of 14
He's very thorough & spends time genuinely listens to the concerns of his patients. Granted you may have to wait a little while due to him being a very busy dr but his staff is very informative and patient with your needs. His been my doc for several years now and I couldn't ask for better! From the loss of our baby early on to my following healthy pregnancy that resulted in the birth of our big baby boy, he and his staff were God sends. I recommend him and his staff hands down!!
I was having a lot of pelvic pain with intercourse and Dr Acosta did not know what to do to help me. Instead of admitting this and referring me to another doctor, he told me that sex was not necessary and I did not need to have it! I was only 26 at the time! I found another doctor and have been doing fine ever since. Don't waste your time and money on Dr Acosta.
I had a normal and healthy pregnancy. When I turned 39 weeks, Dr. Acosta started telling me that we needed to think about an induction. I asked why and he told me that nothing good ever happens after 40 weeks. I am SOOO sorry I allowed him to induce at 40 weeks. He told me I was going to have a big baby, so he put me on Cervadil and Pitocin. I wasn't ready to go into labor, so those things didn't work, and I ended up with a section for a 7 pound baby. DON'T GO TO THIS MAN! Your baby deserves better!
Instead of allowing babies to come when they're ready, he's going to induce you when he decides it's your baby's birthday, which means you're going to get an unnecessary section. Next time I'm looking for another provider. Was not happy with the outcome of a baby delivered by section before my due date!
Dr. Acosta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Specialty Hospital of Meridian
Scott Regional Hospital
Jeff Anderson Regional Medical Center
Riley Memorial Hospital
24 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Joseph Acosta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRush Medical Group, 1800 12th St, Meridian, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Acosta in this video.
Dr. Joseph Acosta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Meridian, MS.