Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph R Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Family Planning
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Weight Loss
- Kidney Disease
- Stress Testing
- Eye Infections
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Critical Care
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Chronic Illness
- Eating Disorders
- Diabetic Foot
- Neck Pain
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Family Counseling
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Colon Cancer
- Back Pain
- Spinal Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Personality Disorders
- Skin Cancer
- Parkinson Disease
- Holter monitoring
- Sports Injuries
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Sports Medicine
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Anxiety Disorders
Showing 5 of 17
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
St Elizabeth Medical Center
Dr. Joseph R Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph R Allen Md, 746 Campbell Ln, Bowling Green, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph R Allen in this video.
Dr. Joseph R Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bowling Green, KY.