Dr. Joseph Berger Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Berger?

Posted on July 3rd, 2016

Amazing doctor. He's kind, caring and compassionate. Have never had any issues with him.

To each his/her own

Posted on July 3rd, 2016

Dr. Berger has been amazing each time I've seen him. He is thorough and very responsive to questions and concerns. He is always prepared for the appointment and has reviewed files/test results prior to calling me into the room. His staff is courteous and I've always gotten a follow up phone call from his NP if I've been treated at the ER or have had testing performed outside of UPenn. I think he is a wonderful doctor.

Amazing Experience

Posted on April 14th, 2016

I read the reviews before my appointment and I was concerned, but the were completely inaccurate. Dr. Berger was thorough, professional and very knowledgeable. I can see how some would be put off by his humor and personality, but I found it to be in line with my own personality. He spent time explaining my condition and next steps. He made sure I was comfortable with the information he gave me and invited me to contact him if I had any additional concerns before my next appointment. I would absolutely recommend him to friends and family.

Posted on January 8th, 2016

I have read all of the reviews and was scared to see Dr. Berger. After I saw him I understand the reviews but I also saw a side of him that made me love him. He has a sense of humor that he just doesn't understand is inappropriate. If you can get past that then I believe he is a wonderful physician. He did say things that were totally inappropriate but when I called him on it he became very humble. The things that made me know he was a decent human being were that he moved to Philadelphia to help care for his elderly mother. He also stopped to assist a patient in the middle of seeing me to who was having trouble with his motorized cart. He has called me back consistently within 30 minutes of an urgent e-mail (very depressed). He does not badger me into doing therapies that I do not want to do even if this is mainstream MS care. I am not dismissing anyone else's experiences but if you can get past some of the things he says which I believe are a poor choice of humor, he really is a wonderful guy.

Dangerously arrogant

Posted on November 11th, 2015

Do not subject yourself to this man's abuse. Berger is not just rude and demeaning he is a danger to Patients. I was later accurately diagnosed with a serious condition by another physician after Berger informed me after 10 minute appointment that I was a menopausal attention seeking woman with a stressful job. This man should not be allowed to practice medicine of any type. The fact that this person teaches medical students is most concerning given his callous disregard for people in pain/need and his lack of appropriate diagnostic procedures. He is arrogantly dismissive given how very little neuroscience can currently accomplish for very sick and dying patients nevermind how little the medical field knows in general about the brain. This physician is a menace and if you are unfortunate enough to have dealt with him just know he is the problem and that there are knowledgeable, humane and humble doctors elsewhere.

I can't believe this man is a doctor.

Posted on October 29th, 2015

I've never seen a more worthless doctor. I would not recommend Dr. Berger to anyone, but especially women. I asked for a different doctor immediately after my appointment.

Will not be going back

Posted on October 21st, 2015

I wish I would have read the reviews about this doctor before I saw him. He is extremely arrogant. He'll ask you questions and interrupt and talk over you while you're trying to explain. My jaw dropped reading some of the other reviews, as for me he at least recommended a follow up MRI in 6 months, but told me there was no reason to take the Baclofen, so I stopped it. Well now I'm in severe pain. There is an MS specialist closer to my house who gets far better reviews, so I won't be going back to Dr Berger.

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Excellent neurologist and attends promptly followup inquiries and visits.

Bad doctor

Posted on June 11th, 2015

I had worst experience with this doctor. He will make fun of your mediacal condition. Not interested to listen to your issues. Finally ask you to meet a psychiatric. Don't ever go to this doctor. Never expected this kind of doctors at UPenn.

Don't ever go to this doctor. Waste of time and money

Posted on June 11th, 2015

I met Dr Joseph Berger. He is so aggregate, doesn't have patience, not a good listener...etc. he will not listen to your problems and pains. He will ask questions and wants answer in one word. Finally he if unable to analyze your problem then he will ask you to go to psychiatric. Please take my review seriously and save your time and money.

Agree with everyone else!

Posted on June 27th, 2013

Everyone else is spot on. I had been told by two other neurologists that I had MS but my mom wanted me to see an MS specialist. Although all the tests were positive, he said it was all in my head. He also made fun of my mother almost to the point of tears, because she only has a high school education. My fiance works as a maintenance man and I'm in the medical field--he told my fiance, "oh now I see why you're with her." Do not waste your time with him. Now that I see other people's comments, I know it's not just me and I will be looking for another neurologist.

Told me I was faking my symptoms

Posted on April 4th, 2013

With a stack of reports and positive test results for MS going back 10 years, he decided I was faking MS and referred me to a psychiatrist. I mentioned another neurologist in his own department had ordered a test and the result was positive for MS. He dismissed the result with a wave of his hand and ordered the test again. It came back positive for MS, but I now have a psychiatric disorder diagnosis in my history and have to go back to UK to get it off. Stay away!