Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph R Shapiro
Dr. Joseph R Shapiro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Valley Village, CA, with another office in Granada Hills, CA. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Shapiro is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center and Sherman Oaks Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph R Shapiro has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have been a patient of the Dr. Offenberger since I was a teenager in the mid 90s. I was happy to be able to have my daughter seen by the office and love Dr. Shapiro. He has gotten her asthma and allergies under control and went above and beyond with determining her peanut allergy. He is always friendly and my daugher who is 2 1/2 feels at ease under his care and looks forward to her office visits~ which isn't done easily with most doctors! Highly recommended!!
Makes you feel like you are wasting his time. No bedside manner. Office is like a factory. Been to him 3 times, the first time he was okay, the second time I thought he was just having a bad day. The third time, he was still having a bad day and just plain nasty. Does not make you feel like you can ask any questions.
Dr. Shapiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Joseph R Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph R Shapiro is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Valley Village, CA.