Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph S Rabatin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I have had two bad experiences with this doctor. The first was an underarm problem called hydradentisis supurativa. He told he to simply use hot compresses on it and it would go away. 3 days later, I had massive abcesses coming to the surface of my skin, and one night my underarm was completely red with about 3 abcesses; my with insisted I went to the emergency room. Once there, they drained the abcesses and put me on antibiotics. It took me about 3 weeks to get better from this; the real kicker was this: at the time, we did not have insirance! So, this trip to the ER cost us several thousand dollars, all of which could have been prevented if the doctor said "Come back if it gets worse". The second time, I came in complaining of extreme back pain. He entered the office, with a medical student in training, and was more concerned in showing the med student "the muscles that run along my spine" as opposed to listening to me. The third event was a pustule of skin on my stomach. He told me to apply topical antibiotics to it, and showed me the "correct way" to put a bandage on sterilely. The next day, the whole surrounding area was breaking out, was red, and had multiple raised areas. Off to urgent card again! This is another situation where if he told me "come back if it gets worse" I would have saved money. Instead, I went to urgent care, and they put my on TWO antibiotics. Unless you are in the habit of asking "What if your suggestion doesn't work", I would avoid this doctor like the plague.
Dr. Rabatin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Joseph S Rabatin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRhode Island Free Clinic, 655 Broad St, Providence, RI
Dr. Joseph S Rabatin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.