Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph M Rabinovich has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Joseph M Rabinovich has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Joseph M Rabinovich is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
My mother was taken in after a car accident. May I say that the hospital this physician work in is absolutely shoddy. As a physician, his bedside manner should yield in a salary decrease, as many hospitals are now doing, but that aside, let me get back to the experience. After being brought into the ER, my mother was on the board with the collar hampering her breathing. I had asked where the ER physician was, but of course this hospital lacks the decency to respond. Once I realized who the ER physician was, I spoke to him asking him when my mother would at least be able to receive painkillers since I realized early on that getting an x-ray so promptly was wishful thinking. Receiving a very vague and indefinite response as to when she would receive anything, with the physician rolling his eyes and turning away from me, I was forced to wait. Luckily, my uncle (another physician) had arrived shortly and spoke to this physician. It wasn't until he had done so that my mother received somewhat decent treatment. The resident doctor working under Dr. Rabinovich actually bothered to speak to my uncle and I about my mothers condition. As a future physician working at NYP, his courtesy was minimal, and his dismissiveness to my queries was downright outrageous. Of course having to work with countless immigrants and the impoverished in this neighborhood, I'm sure his behavior in addressing people is routine. Find another ER physician and/or hospital.
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1993
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Joseph M Rabinovich accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsElmhurst Hospital Center, 7901 Broadway, Elmhurst, NY
Dr. Joseph M Rabinovich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, NY.